Saturday, September 19, 2026

VN Demo Round-up 5

Okay, I admit, I have a problem.  Every time I burn through a good number of demos, I keep finding more.  Right now, I have over 20.  They're in my Steam list in alphabetical order, and usually I start from the top, but I'm gonna start from the bottom and work my way up this time.

Trap Yuri Tempest, by No Strike.  This is an interesting mix of BL and GL because the characters are feminine presenting boys.  I already own the rest of the series, but haven't read any of it.  Why did I buy them all then?  Because the characters looked cute.  Oh!  So this series is a comedy?  Cool.  The sprites are beautiful, and nicely animated.  Everyone's in cute girl mode, but I don't hate it.  It's all voice acted in Japanese by female voice actors.  It would have been funnier if they included some male voice actors, since some of these characters are cross-dressing.  Okies, this will be silly, I'm definitely getting it, but not until I've finished the rest of the series I have on backlog.

Toxic Yuri, by Yuri Kissaten.  Okay, there's some real inconsistency with the art quality.  Like they bought some assets and hand drew the rest.  The writing is kinda depressing, without any humor to break it up.  Okay, it is funny that the purple slime girl made messes all over the house.  Nope, nope, this isn't funny, just gross.  Like someone took a joke too far.  No.

 

Our Life: Now & Forever, by GB Patch Games.  I have the original already, but never played it.  Ooh!  there's a character creator!  Rare in VNs.  I just made myself, I'm so cute.  I got to customize my mom too.  Cute.  I'm struggling to pay attention to the dialogue though.  I'm kind of bored, way too many choices too.  It's okay, I guess, I'll get it when it comes out.

 

Once Upon a Throne of Thorns by Ebi-hime.  It's her fave two OCs, Tavi and Yuel, in another AU!  But will I enjoy this one?  Dunno.  Oof, that intro was long.  The artwork is beautiful.  Taking a long time to get to the meat of the thing, isn't it?  Not the first time Ebi-hime has been verbose.  I'll give it a yes, after I've read her other VNs with the same couple.  

Neko-Mimi Sweet Housemates, by Animal Herb.  I feel like this is a NekoPara bootleg, but I'm gonna give it a fair shake.  Oh yeah, this is a blatant ripoff of NekoPara, but I'm still gonna give it a try.  Wow, they got right to the point with this one, very little pretext.  the sprite is really well animated!  I wonder why they say Master in English.  Wow, this game is really a speed run, 20 minutes and Mint is confessing her love for Protag.  The religious undertones are off-putting though.  Yeah, gonna pass on this one.  God it mentioned way too many times for my comfort.

My V-Tuber Rival is Actually Cute!, by Studio Elan.  They've been making yuri VNs for a decade now, and I own one, but I've never played it.  Cool, another character creator!  Daww, the love interest looks like a dress up doll.  Wow, this is super embarrassing!  You know, this is so adorable, I have to put it on my wishlist at least, and sign up for more demos from this studio!  Shit, now I've installed almost as many demos as I've uninstalled!  I'm never gonna run out of demos!

Heart of the Woods, by Studio Elan.  I'm going hard on the yuri today, what can I say?  Okay, I was immediately absorbed into the story.  Kudos for that.  Art is nice.  Okay, I was glued to this demo for half an hour.  I wanna know who's actually dead and who's the monster in the woods and who's dating who?  This one's a yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment