I'm having a lot of fun with this and feel like I can at least make more informed purchases, so we're doing another visual novel demo Saturday.
FLOWERS: le volume sur printemps by Innocent Grey is an old yuri VN that was added to Steam in 2016, and has been on my radar for that long. It has 3 sequels, but only this installment includes a demo. The entire series is riding on this demo. Surprisingly, it starts with chapter 2, skipping intros and throwing me into the story. There's some drama over borrowed library books? Well, at least it's a low stakes mystery. Artwork is nice. Japanese voice acting is nice. Backgrounds are very clean looking. You know? I would read this, I just need to wait for it to go on a good sale.
Bittersweet Blossoms by Ebi-hime. Another yuri VN, possibly a successor to one I already own. A city girl factory worker moves to the country to be a maid for a rich bratty girl. Well, the opening theme was cute! Okay, played it for half an hour. Too much complaining, too depressing, don't wanna read this one. Come to think of it, I didn't really like the one that came before it either.
BaraDroid by Male Doll Stories. A sci-fi bara title. The demo kinda surprised me the first time I tried it, but now I'm ready. It also has an original English song! Well, it's as porny as a Y Press Game, but that's not a dealbreaker for me yet. Okay, I think this one goes in the same category as Mr. Versatile. This is just porn. The androids don't seem particularly deep and there's no meaningful connections happening here.Since I'm getting a hang of identifying titles that will be porn without emotions, I've edited out a few demos without trying them. I'm down to 10 demos installed, which is good. As much fun as I have with these demo days, I want to get back into playing full games soon.
Requiescence by Argent Games. Another title from 2016. Long fucking prologue. Okay, this intro is really boring. I hope something happens. Oh my god, I've been in this demo for half an hour and MC hasn't met anyone! I give up, I've hit my limit. I don't want to play anymore.
Slobbish Dragon Princess by Whirlpool. I own other VNs by them, so I'm familiar with the style. This is a series I haven't started tho. After the last one, I really appreciate this one's snappy intro. Ooh, auto save! Wow! I finished the whole demo! Dragon princesses, NEETs, and silly shenanigans! I will definitely get this next sale.
Stopping for another meal. I'm not going gangbusters, but I'm pleased with my progress. I've sadly got to accept that most bara doesn't have the FEELS I'm looking for. You know what? 5 demos is enough for today. I made a LOT of decisions today, and I'm tired.





No comments:
Post a Comment