Saturday, August 1, 2026

VN Demo Round Up 2

Since the first VN demo round up was a huge success on my part at both distracting me and taking items off my Steam wish list, and I have a whole boring day to myself today, I'm doing it again.  I got through 5 demos last time.  Will I beat my previous record?  Probably, I have all day this time.

Seven Nexus, by Blits Games.  A neutral soul can't go to heaven or hell until he passes 7 trials.  During the trials, he's influenced by both an angel and a devil.  And both are sexy.  Game isn't finished yet, so it's in early access.  I won't be buying it until it's complete anyways, but should I keep it on my wishlist?  This is probably the most Christian coded BL VN I've ever seen.  Yeah, a little too Christian coded for me, even if you get to bang the angel too.

Sentimental Trickster by Y Press Games.  Stranger moves into town, meets hot guys.  Guy has a terrible relationship with his father.  Pretty enough art, lotta drama.  Wow, this guy has a mullet...  Music and sound effects kinda suck, but this is an old one, and I can always mute it.  Okay, I read that demo for a proper hour and it still wasn't over?  I'm hungry, and bored.  Guess this is going in the maybe pile.

Out of the Ocean by Ebi-hime.  Some yuri to break up the yaoi a bit.  Ooh, a mermaid, and a poly option?  I love those in VNs.  Art looks solid.  Do I need the demo?  I suppose...  Miss Protag sure is a pity party.  Ooh, a random alcoholic?  I hope she hits on the aunt, I love an older side couple.  In my head, she has Applejack's voice from MLP.  Okay, the mermaid's a goof!  If I wasn't sold before, I am now.  Definitely getting this one.

Orc Covenant by Y Press Games.  This one's gonna be mega spicy.   You know what?  I'm not even gonna try.  This isn't a story, it's just straight up porn.  Reviews say it's like Alpha Hole Prison, which I gave a pass, so yeah, I'm not gonna put myself through the discomfort of this one.

 

Monster Lover by Y Press Games.  I gave the last one a pass, so I'll give this one a chance.  The monster isn't particularly attractive, but there's potential. OOH!  It let's me enter a name for the twink that's gonna be obliterated.  Oh my god, the demon bought him groceries!  Take my money, I'm buying this one, hands down, no maybes.  If I was starving and locked in a basement, and a demon showed up with fucking groceries, I'd offer my ass too.

Miss Sasami is Losing her Mind by Ebi-hime.  She's breaking up the yaoi again.  Tired office worker meets a spicy fox girl!  Sure.  Oh, this one hasn't released yet, so I'm getting a preview.  Cool.  Protag is a working grown up!  Works in a cubicle, wears a suit, so my type!  Even has glasses.  Oof, her depression with the office slog is so real.  Fox girl is so sassy!  My god, I need this one!

Mister Versatile by Y Press Games.  Oh dear... Voice acting has come back, help me.  Is this a parody?  Is this a joke?  Captain Crush's bulge is ridiculous.  So is his outfit.  Wow, this is really trashy, and not many feelings are involved.  I really prefer there be feels with my smut, and this is just porn...  Campy porn...

 

How to Melt a Maiden's Heart by Ebi-hime.  Yaoi by her this time.  Yay cross-dressing.  Protag has interesting looks and some personality.  And a crazy home life.  And a grumpy student council president.  And... blackmail?  I was kinda hoping the maid dress would unlock the bisexual in Protag, but I guess not.  Guess he's a tougher nut to crack.  Might be worth it, on a sale.

 Well, that wraps up my demo marathon.  8 VNs sampled in total.  More yesses this time, and some maybes.  6 demos left for next time.  Also, I'm regaining some confidence in my ability to maintain attention on a visual novel again.  I know, who needs confidence to read a visual novel?  This crazy person.

No comments:

Post a Comment