Thursday, August 27, 2026

VN Demo Mini Round-Up 3

I'm doing this again.  On a weekday.  Because I want to.  Yep.  Note:  I spent 5 minutes each in 2 demos, then decided I wasn't trying hard enough and started over.  I shouldn't give up so easily.  I'm trying a few new studios today.

Stellifier by Nochi Studios.  You're a reporter interviewing 3 idol band members for an article.  Perk: You can name yourself and pick your pronouns!  I picked he/him and named myself Fujo-bait.  Why do they all have such random belt straps on their outfits?  Hawkins is definitely the flirty one.  Mikael is a bit of a diva, and Frey is moonlighting as an English teacher?  Weird.  Okay, Fujo-brain on overload, I'd rather ship the band with each other than try to date them myself.  Still, I'm intrigued enough to wishlist this.  Yeah, I ship Hawkins and Mikael, but that's not the purpose of this game.  Is there any fanfiction?  None, so sad.  Anyways, this one's a yes after the second time around.

Room 304 by Witz Games.  Grumpy guy moves in with a happy jock and a shy nerd.  Artwork looks acceptable.  Only 3 characters and they're each very stereotypical.  No guides, bad reviews.  But I dunno.  I don't like accusing people of using gen AI without proof.  I should prolly give it more than 6 minutes...  Oh, this demo is incomplete.  There's a placeholder file for the background.  Also, the background music has stopped.  Creepy.  Okay, now nothing makes sense.  Okay, the nerd has panic attacks and the happy go lucky jock issues too.  Dunno if I wanna bother sticking with this.  Okay, I gave it half an hour.  I really don't wanna play this game.

NOTE:  I found the download demo button on more pages on my Steam Wishlist.  I currently have 16 unplayed demos installed now.  If I keep playing demos, I will never play a fucking game again.  I hope I get an achievement for playing demos in my Steam Replay this year...  I don't know if an achievement exists for playing so many demos, maybe I'll have to make myself an award, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment