I have 17 demos installed in my Steam library, most of them are spicy gay visual novels. I need to get through them to decide if I want to buy them or not. I'm going to play each one until I reach an ending, then write down my thoughts and judgements here.
Alpha Hole Prison by Y Press Games. Miguel, a human fighter pilot ends up going to space prison. Humans are small and most of the aliens are larger. The first conversation is about Miguel and a smaller alien guy planning to offer their asses for protection. Not exactly a romantic set up... The art is fine, the voice acting makes me uncomfortable, the background music makes me uncomfortable. I dunno if I'm gonna finish this demo. Nope! Nope, nope, nope, I can't finish that. It's a pass, it's a no. Not gonna get this one. Gross, creepy, not hot, not hot at all. Can't even finish the demo.
Beneath the Bleeding Moon by Ebi-hime. Haru is a boy forced to dress as a girl, who meets a thief, and they go on adventures? Well, the artwork is cute, and the set up isn't gross or creepy yet. Ooookay, Haru argues with a thief a lot, then this turns into a murder mystery? For a BL, it's not particularly romantic either. The artwork was fine. Ya know, I didn't really like this one either. Kishou sounded like a redneck and that always grosses me out. Maybe I'll go back to this one after I've run out of more romantic stuff to read.
Dear Monster by Y Press Games. First VN I've come across with a text to speech reader included, that's kinda nice. Very accommodating. Okay, Protag has imaginary friends he masturbates to? What happened to going to med school? This feels a lot like a spiritual successor to My Magical Demo Lover, similar premise, a much classier attempt though, protag's masturbating problem aside. Wow! That was great! I'm definitely getting that game on the next Steam sale! I really liked it!
Double Date by Quill Yuri. Cute art, and off to an adorable start, but two dogs who look alike get mixed up and I hate that sort of plot. Sorry puppies, it's a no from me. I get really uncomfortable reading stories about misunderstandings like that.Maelstrom by Y Press Games, feels just like Alpha hole, but grumpier. The art is pretty, the lack of voice acting is a relief, but it's basically the same plot. Weak human prisoner needs to pick a big alien to protect him, but this time he doesn't want to, and is being frankly belligerent about it. I don't read gay fiction to read about grumpy reluctant straight men.





No comments:
Post a Comment